[Sigia-l] How does change affect user satisfaction scores?

Livia Labate liv at livlab.com
Wed May 24 13:57:52 EDT 2006

> I have heard many times that satisfaction scores often take a dip when a
> major change is introduced, but I would like to be able to support that
> claim, if it is true.

There isn't a formula because improving satisfaction does not mean
people are satisfied or dissatisfied before and after. What you have
heard is correct in that great disruptions without rationalized benefits
are more likely to disappoint than not.

If everything is unacceptable and you made it acceptable with the big
change, satisfaction can be affected positively.

If everything is acceptable as is and the big change (though good)
mostly disrupts what people do, or only addresses less relevant aspects
of the site, satisfaction can be affected negatively.