[Sigia-l] loooooong buttons

Christopher Fahey chris.fahey at behaviordesign.com
Wed May 24 10:24:54 EDT 2006

I've always liked Amazon's solution to this: making buttons with two graphic
elements: (a) a leading iconic element which is slightly more button-like
than (b) the remainder of the button which contains the long text label:

http://tinyurl.com/pvx9l
http://tinyurl.com/pgds4
http://tinyurl.com/s4vg7

If you're not a great wordsmith yourself, consider asking someone with
awesome writing skills to think up some shorter, more succint options. But
if you think it's as short as possible without being unclear, i.e., that the
button needs to say a bunch of words to be crystal clear, then the graphic
designer's simply gotta figure it out.

Needless to say, I am recommending NOT using browser/system buttons for long
labels.

-Cf

Christopher Fahey
Behavior