[Sigia-l] RE: 800 or 1024 - Which min. display resolution to build

Jaeger, David djaeger at fgcu.edu
Thu May 11 09:24:55 EDT 2006

Thanks to John sharing information about his method, I was able to add a
little JavaScript on our Web pages to get the data I was looking for. I
set up a JavaScript to load an image if either of these returns true:
"document.body.clientWidth < 1024" and "screen.width >= 1024".

I am mainly interested in knowing how many of our users with a display
resolution >= 1024 have their browser window maximized. So far the
numbers have been fairly consistent:

86% of our users with a display resolution of 1024 or larger DO NOT have
their browser window maximized.

David

David Jaeger
Florida Gulf Coast University