[Sigia-l] On-screen legibility

Antoni J. Gomez Bosquet antonij at mac.com
Tue Mar 21 03:25:58 EST 2006

In order to have good on-screen legibility, it's recommendable that
there
is sufficient contrast between the background and the text. That is why
the best option is usually a white background and black text.
Nevertheless, at night, or in dark atmospheres, like some Power point
presentations , a dark background screen is recommended with light
coloured text. I read something on this a long time ago, but I do not
have
the reference now.  Do you know of any references on the subject or
do you
know the possible reasons for it?

Antoni J.

Antoni J. Gómez Bosquet