[Sigia-l] search logs - relevance of penultimate referrers?

Jonathan Baker-bates Jonathan.Baker-bates at framfab.com
Mon Mar 20 11:17:28 EST 2006

Ah - this is clearer now. When you said in your last post "The context
is when examining search logs" I thought you were talking about the web
server's referer logs in which name/value pairs are sometimes returned
for searches. The logs generated by the site search mechanism *itself*
are a completely different kettle of fish. Sorry for the confusion.

So if this "search log tool" you are rolling out can analyse penultimate
referrers along with other stuff that standard NCSA logs can't get then,
yes, it would be useful.

What search software would it be compatible with, out of interest?

Jonathan