[Sigia-l] search logs - relevance of penultimate referrers?

Jonathan Baker-bates Jonathan.Baker-bates at framfab.com
Mon Mar 20 04:26:47 EST 2006

Forgive me if I've not understood you correctly, but aren't you just
talking about the difference between an internal and an external
referrer? In which case, just about all web analytics tools I've every
used can already give you that information. To this end, why is search
any more or less relevant here?

> How would you use this information? What conclusions might be
> suggested from the evidence?

If lots of searches for "apples" led through to our "pears" page then
I'd be worried. But in general I'd give it all a low priority in making
any conclusions, since it's user intention I'm interested in, not just
statistics.

Jonathan