[Sigia-l] [JOB] Interactive Architect - Seattle, WA

heidi adkisson hpadkisson at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 17:26:02 EST 2006

Blink Interactive is looking for a full time Interactive Architect to
join our User-Centered Design team.  We provide a growth-oriented
environment with a wide range of clients from Fortune 500 companies to
start-ups.

Job responsibilities include:

- Evaluating client's functional and business requirements.

- Conducting primary and secondary research to evaluate user needs.

- Performing usability inspections of existing system and conducting
competitive research.

- Developing information architecture, system vocabulary, task flows,
navigation systems, and detailed wireframe layouts.

- Documenting screen-level interactions.

- Presenting and justifying designs to clients.

- Developing paper prototypes for early user testing.

- Creating project-specific user experience guidelines that assist
clients in making future design decisions.

- Working with content writers, visual designers, and software
developers to ensure a smooth transition of the interactive design
into development.

Job Qualifications:

- At least 3 years experience in complex web application interaction design.

- Education in user-centered design (UCD) or ability to display a
formal understanding of UCD theory and practice.

- Ability to blend both user goals and business goals in creating an
effective interactive experience.

- Working knowledge of browser-based technology
constraints/capabilities (e.g. HTML, JavaScript, Flash).

- Experience with a range of software development practices, including
agile and use-case based methods.

- Superlative oral and written communication skills.

- Experience working directly with clients in a consulting role,
including leading client meetings.

- Working knowledge of visual design tools (e.g. OmniGraffle, Visio).

- Experience designing and conducting usability studies is an asset.

If you are interested in joining our team, please send your resume to:
careers at blinkia.com

Resumes must include URLs to current work. We are not offering
relocation assistance at this time.