[Sigia-l] Open-source IA tool in the making

Stewart Dean stew8dean at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 14 18:05:15 EST 2006

>From: "Jonathan Baker-bates" <Jonathan.Baker-bates at framfab.com>
>To: <sigia-l at asis.org>
>Subject: RE: [Sigia-l] Open-source IA tool in the making
>Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 16:54:16 -0000
>
> > there are folks who have paid six figures
> > for a CMS system and no one wants trash something that
> > someone decided to pay so much for. If anything a good IA
> > tool could make these CMS systems actualy usable
>
>Why do you think a CMS and this tool (as specified so far) are mutually
>exclusive?

You snipped the bit about working with other CMS systems.

I see the tool being a stand along CMS and one that can work with existing
CMS systems. Easier said than done.  Currently there are a lot of CMS
systems in place that are doing less than you can do with Dreamweaver and
Contribute and this is currently the norm, not the exception. I'm just
saying even if this tool was a very capable CMS system there are many
companies that currently have 100k systems in place won't want to replace it
even if it is truely dire (as is often the case).

Stewart Dean