[Sigia-l] Information Architect at NavigationArts in Washington DC Metro, Contract

Natalie Buda nbuda at navigationarts.com
Tue Mar 14 11:05:11 EST 2006

JOB DESCRIPTION
Information Architect
Washington D.C. Metro Area
Full Time, Contract for 4 months, with possible permanent hire

The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker who enjoys creating high-end
design for business benefit. This person must be able to collaborate with
art directors and engineers to create effective and intuitive user
interfaces using a variety of web technologies, including portal
applications, which will be the position's first project.

NavigationArts

NavigationArts is a strategic consultancy providing expert advisory, design
and development services that optimize the usability of our clients web
sites and the business value of their online and offline programs for
marketing, communications and commerce.
Our unique strengths lie in the areas of user experience design and
information architecture, which we base upon a rigorous web processes. We
help our clients solve challenging problems by bringing together highly
experienced cross-functional teams drawn from analytical, creative and
technical backgrounds. Our passions are for the intellectual rigor that
pervades the analytical components of our work, and for the opportunities to
create structural and aesthetic excellence in all that we do.

JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Define, characterize and prioritize the audiences that a project is meant
to reach
2. Gather the communication and functional objectives by leading client
working sessions, reviewing the competitive landscape, and creative
brainstorming sessions with the project team.
3. Organize content and develop categories, naming schemes and navigational
hierarchies.
4. Create user flows, schematic drawings and documentation to illustrate the
structure and functionality of a project
5. Communicate and collaborate with the project manager, engineers,
designers and site authors in all stages of production
6. Keep to schedule and budget maintained by project managers
7. Work in a team environment

JOB QUALIFICATIONS
1. BA or BS degree
2. Two or more years of successful experience in information architecture
field
3. Strong analytical skills
4. Strong written and verbal communication skills
5. Strong presentation skills

The information architect is a vital member on our collaborative design team
and must be able to work in our studio in Washington D.C.; therefore we are
only interested in candidates in the Washington DC metro area.

HOW TO APPLY
Please send your resume with at least three current online samples and
desired hourly rate to nbuda at navigationarts.com.