[Sigia-l] Enterprise IA 95% un-sexy?

Listera listera at rcn.com
Thu Mar 9 15:48:37 EST 2006

Billie Mandel:

> Wow - you folks are an amazing anthropological study.

Is that a flame-bait. :-) And BTW what happened to the 4% in your subject
line?

> It seems to me like many IAs think that enterprise work (intranets,
> enterprise software) is not as fun or "sexy" as working on
> consumer-facing sites/products.

I love it. Been doing it for eons. I have a few slides I start most of my
new engagements with: about a dozen "sexy"' pictures of objects, furniture,
movies, book covers, gadgets, etc. I ask the audience to identify them. The
response is often better than 90% correct. Then I mention why branding,
polish, UX, sexiness, etc are essential to all our lives, but simply stops
being considered when it comes to enterprise apps. Are we not humans when we
come to work? Do we stop being who we are when we're inside or outside the
workplace? And probing along those lines.

----
Ziya

"Innovate as a last resort."