[Sigia-l] Being considerate of others (Off Topic Posts)

Eric Scheid eric.scheid at ironclad.net.au
Wed Mar 8 20:27:41 EST 2006

On 9/3/06 10:34 AM, "MJJAIXEN at up.com" <MJJAIXEN at up.com> wrote:

> Many of those topics would be better suited for a "User Interaction Design"
> or "User Experience" list.  Personally, I consider Information Architecture
> to be a distinct skill set.  However, I also believe that there are very
> few people who engage in "pure IA"; IA is merely a skill set that they use
> in conjunction within a larger UI function.

I get the distinct feeling that some people don't subscribe to multiple
forums, but instead want just the one or two they do to cater to all their
needs.

Why don't people subscribe to multiple forums? Why is it that Ziya (for eg.)
only posts his usability related items to SIG-IA, and not to CHI-WEB? ...
I'm serious in asking, I'd like to treat this as an IA/design problem.

So ... Ziya, why is it that you post your usability items to SIGIA-L and not
to CHI-WEB?

e.