[Sigia-l] Being considerate of others (Off Topic Posts)

Stewart Dean stew8dean at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 8 18:35:52 EST 2006

Okay - good question, I should clarify but I should also say I don't want to
start another existentialist crisis about what IAs do thread.

As an IA my role is to create structure, define functionality and create UI
schemas. User experience is beyond the scope of IA and user interface design
is a part of it.

Now I get bombarded by user experience stuff on different topics form
different angles and dip into different areas when I need to. What I'd like
to see here is more stuff on the structuring of user experience here, be it
information, entertainment, experiential or functional. What has been
appearing a lot recently are quite old 'that's cool stuff' that I've already
got a few weeks ago from several other sources.

I don't want Listera booted but less noise and more stuff about IA - that is
the structuring of user experiences - would be preferable.  Interface stuff
as it relates to the creation of, say, a Web 2.0 application is fine and
would be on topic.  For example what people think of www.live.com ?

My feeling is that information architecture has existed long enough for
poeple to know it's rough perameters and what is relevant and pressing, it's
just frustrating to see most of the discussion here off topic when there is
so much left undiscussed.

In short more signal and less noise.

Stewart Dean