Health Advice Sites (was Re: [Sigia-l] The ultimate InfoGraphics movie

andrew at humaneia.com andrew at humaneia.com
Thu Jun 22 18:52:09 EDT 2006

Quoting Ziya Oz <listera at earthlink.net>:

> Eric Scheid:
>
>> All in jest
>
> Apparently, Aussie IAs working with healthcare organizations are not doing
> an adequate job of highlighting easy access to treatment for obsession.

Hi Ziya,

thanks for the tip - I will pass it on to my Health account director :)

In all seriousness, one of the Federal Department of Health and
Ageing's success stories here in Australia is HealthInsite -
http://www.healthinsite.gov.au/ - not a site I worked on myself, but a
good example of its type. Government here (and possibly everywhere) has
to tread a fine line between giving no specific health
condition/indication advice at all, and gazumping the role of the
medical profession. HealthInsite does this well - including obsession -
please see
http://www.healthinsite.gov.au/topics/Obsessive_Compulsive_Disorder.

Best regards, Andrew