[Sigia-l] Subdomain usability

PAULA THORNTON paula.thornton at prodigy.net
Thu Jun 8 07:21:20 EDT 2006

It's not often that I'd side with David over Eric, but there's a
non-scientific artifact here. The second example which starts with the
keyword is far more effective from a 'memory' perspective and much more
readily passes the 'verbal' test.

That is, when barking instructions to your spouse in the other room who
can't find anything to save his life, calling out "maps dot google dot com"
is a set of simple instructions that he can follow. And surprisingly, in
spite of his own resistance, he also remembers the access because it starts
with the 'intent' word. He (anyone) doesn't care who provides the service or
where it resides, just that he can get to it by remembering the 'keyword'.

It's the only way I can ever remember to get to my 'briefcase' on Yahoo!

Only a test would prove this out for sure.