[Sigia-l] Recommended tool for documenting requirements?

Ziya Oz listera at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 25 20:58:30 EDT 2006

mla47 at cox.net:

> Can anyone recommend a tool or method for documenting requirements?  We've
> used Word and Excel in the past, but we're finding that the size and scope of
> our projects these days would benefit from a tool that offers more flexibility
> (e.g., for resorting by priority, category, etc.) without having to reinvent
> the wheel.

My workhorse is OmniOutliner:

<http://www.omnigroup.com/applications/omnioutliner/>
<http://www.omnigroup.com/applications/omnioutliner/pro/>

(Check out the formatable columns, file attachments, etc)

Which can export to not just to OmniGraffle but now also to OmniPlan, the
upcoming scheduling app from Omni:

<http://blog.omnigroup.com/>
<http://www.omnigroup.com/omniplan/>

Some early OmniPlan screenshots"

<http://arstechnica.com/journals/apple.ars/2006/7/22/4737>

(This is not been made fully public yet, so I'm not allowed to say much more
than that but you can imagine the synergy therein, especially groupwork
capabilities.)

I've been playing with outlining requirements/features, and
graphing/scheduling them visually.

----
Ziya

Usability >  Simplify the Solution