[Sigia-l] The Value of an IA discussion - from a newbie's perspective

Eric Scheid eric.scheid at ironclad.net.au
Sat Jan 28 22:45:06 EST 2006

On 29/1/06 7:48 AM, "Listera" <listera at rcn.com> wrote:

>> The field is perhaps one of the youngest in newmedia...
>
> He would have been 299 years old this year. :-)
>
> <http://tinyurl.com/dm8mq>

I would have thought that his "field" was biology, and although the thing he
did was just a small part of that field, and our field too. Since the IA
field comprises more than just "classification", I wouldn't think it could
be said that it started 299 years ago.

On the contrary front though ... he wasn't the first to classify stuff. Go
back to the ancient greek.

e.