[Sigia-l] Endeca in the Library

Peter Morville morville at semanticstudios.com
Mon Jan 16 11:36:05 EST 2006

Here's a better explanation :-)

http://www.hyperorg.com/blogger/mtarchive/faceted_classification_at_work.htm

Peter Morville
President, Semantic Studios
http://semanticstudios.com
http://findability.org

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Morville [mailto:morville at semanticstudios.com]
Sent: Friday, January 13, 2006 9:50 AM
To: 'chris.fahey at behaviordesign.com'; 'sigia-l at asis.org'
Subject: RE: [Sigia-l] Endeca in the Library

I've been a big fan of Endeca for several years. Their guided navigation
model allows us to build a great user experience on top of faceted metadata.
Users can move freely between search and browse, and they can refine their
query criteria in an iterative, interactive fashion without needing to speak
Boolean. Endeca has already been very successful in e-commerce and
enterprise environments. It's just nice seeing some of these ideas come home
to the library.