[Sigia-l] Graphic visualization of hierarchical information

Chad Fennell libsys at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 12:48:13 EST 2006

I believe this:

http://www.cs.umd.edu/hcil/

is the group that originally came up with the Smart Money interface.
Ben Shneiderman (http://www.cs.umd.edu/~ben/) is the founding
director.  He has done a lot of  data visualization research and his
work would make a good starting point if you were interested in
learning more about this kind of approach.

Incidentally, you can get the original Treemap tool, which was
developed by Shneiderman in the 1990's.  Find it here:

http://www.cs.umd.edu/hcil/treemap/

A bunch of other data visualization projects:

http://www.cs.umd.edu/hcil/research/visualization.shtml

Cheers,
-Chad