[Sigia-l] Frustrated Mid-Level IA job seeker

Dmitry Nekrasovski mail.dmitry at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 14:59:38 EST 2006

Malahat,

Many companies do not have a "designer" role per se, or use that job
title for people who write HTML code. Not that there's anything wrong
with that. :)

Seriously, as previous posters already mentioned, there is much
overlap between all these roles. In my team, for instance, we have
IA's who come from a BA background and occasionally work as BA's, as
well as web designers who occasionally do IA work. The main reason for
this is to ensure that everyone's time is fully utilized - in a
consulting/agency environment, utilization is a big deal - but it also
helps team members round out their skills and pursue new career
directions.

Hope this helps,

Dmitry

--