[Sigia-l] Frustrated Mid-Level IA job seeker

Listera listera at rcn.com
Mon Feb 27 23:09:39 EST 2006

Kathleen Tucker:

> I would just be nice if potential employers and recruiters would actually READ
> IT before calling me to grill me about my work experience just to tell me that
> I'm too junior for the position they are looking to fill.  What's the point of
> creating a portfolio to show off my work samples just to be told I'm too
> junior for the job.

On a procedural note, in case this may help you: the majority of
non-executive recruiters will NOT read anything beyond the text of your
resume or look at your portfolio site, samples, etc. They have a singular
mission, which is to satisfy in minimal terms the job reqs outlined by the
hiring authority at the company. On a large company that's usually the HR or
the entity that designates vendors/consultants as
recommended/authorized/etc. Rarely, recruiters are directly wired into
actual production line managers, as they are not the recruiters' direct
clients.

----
Ziya

"Innovate as a last resort."