[Sigia-l] SKOS within Topic Maps for IA (was: [Topic Maps] for Information Architects / 1st CfP TMRA 2006 conference)

Alexander Johannesen alexander.johannesen at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 21:27:01 EST 2006

Hi there,

[about SKOS and Topic Maps]

Alexander Sigel <sigel at netcologne.de> wrote:
> I'd be interested in references (pointers, URLs) and experiences.

No pointers at the moment; I'm playing with an XSLT templates based
tool that converts many-to-many XML based thesauri formats, with a
core simple Topic Maps XML format, and I'm trying out using SKOS as
the core ontology, mapping in ontologies found elsewhere. I've had
quite a number of interested folks in this stuff. I wanted to wait for
it to mature a bit, but I haven't had too much time lately, so maybe I
should just release it into the wild.

> @Alexander: Would you like to present this work at TMRA 2006?

Would like, for sure, but don't have the finances to drag my bottom
all the way to Europe; working for an insignificant part of government
does that to you. :)

Alex
--
"Ultimately, all things are known because you want to believe you know."
                                                         - Frank Herbert