[Sigia-l] Site maps for web apps, vs for content sites?

Fred Beecher fbeecher at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 16:49:23 EST 2006

On 2/8/06, Anne Hjortshoj <anne at mindstorm.com> wrote:

> The easiest way to apply a site map to an interaction flow is to turn the
> site map on its side and show all page hierarchies -and- workflows from
> left to right.  This way, you don't have to worry about the distinction
> between hierarchical page relationships vs. workflow page relationships,
> and you don't have the design challenge of throwing a workflow into
> something that looks like an org chart.

Anne, do you have an example of that you can post? It sounds interesting.

But yes, Drew's approach does work very well. I've been doing
something similar for the past five years. Basically, you just
indicate on the site map where the functionality is and create a
separate document with a navigation diagram and wireframes of that
functionality.

- Fred