[Sigia-l] Web Developers

Listera listera at rcn.com
Mon Feb 6 00:01:44 EST 2006

Jared M. Spool:

> I won't speak for all usability folk, but, at UIE, we don't have the goal
> to *rectify* problems.

I didn't mean to imply that you would (re)design and I pointed out elsewhere
that you explicitly said you didn't. However, it's nearly impossible, given
the nature of the business, to simply point out the failings of the design
and not offer (at least strategic) indications in the direction of remedies,
just as you have done:

"...so one way to solve it is to have descriptive content under each
category to explain it."

Assuming you'd offer this to the client, that's clearly a "rectification" of
the problem you discovered, regardless of whoever gets to implement it.

----
Ziya

Design is doing for a dime what anyone can do for a dollar.