[Sigia-l] The Time magazine person of the year is YOU

Olly Wright olly.wright at mediacatalyst.com
Thu Dec 21 06:51:05 EST 2006

Ironic, since pre-roll video has nothing going for it. I'm still
being shown ads for products I don't want and couldn't buy even if I
wanted to (such as hp servers, and at&t mobile phones), ads that are
costing the advertisers money and making me dislike those brands, and
dislike the site that is forcing me to watch them. Where is the
wondrous web 2.0 video model? This surely can't be it.

At the very least show me ads for products I can actually buy (the
site knows I'm not in the US), and given I'm always logged in and
have used the site regularly for more than 5 years, maybe make some
attempt to tailor the ads to products that I might actually want, or
that are tailored to my 'lifestyle' and values. Since I've never ever
clicked on a single sports article in 5 years, why are you showing me
an ad with an American football theme?

Olly Wright