[Sigia-l] boo.com: back with a vengeance?

Livia Labate liv at livlab.com
Sun Dec 3 09:23:02 EST 2006

It seems like the ill-fated boo.com is back (sometime soon). In 1999
Boo.com (fashion retail site) became the exemplary bubble-bursting web
service portal, burning through $120 million of venture capital in six
months and failing miserably.

Known for its incredibly inefficient front-end (heavy Flash and the
oddly inhuman Ms Boo), boo.com left a scar in the web design community;
do a search for 'Boo' on this list's archive for a taste.

The site says it will relaunch soon (probably 2007) - I wonder what will
be of it - I'm curious, however, as to why they insist on keeping this
brand, now associated with such massive failure.

   http://www.boo.com

   http://uk.techcrunch.com/2006/11/24/boocom-to-relaunch/

If you're too young to remember: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boo.com