[Sigia-l] IA's Responsibility

Ziya Oz listera at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 31 16:33:49 EDT 2006

David (Heller) Malouf:

> 2. ... engineering is a creation service that I would say is tied much
> more to technology and function than to empathy (again its a continuum
> and not an absolute).

I'm against the notion that some professions/professionals inherently have
an empathy quotient that others lack (like developers vs. designers). I'm
sure they all "empathize" with the users of their products/services. It's
less a degree of how much they empathize, it's a matter of how successful
they are at executing it. IOW, I'm against yet another artificial
stratification of professions, this time based on "empathy".

> Ziya, its time to find those moments of relaxation in your life, really.

As a podiatrist, what meds would you recommend?

----
Ziya

Usability >  Simplify the Solution
Design >  Simplify the Problem