[Sigia-l] BarCamp NYC, Sep. 30/Oct. 1st

Anders Ramsay andersr at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 15:14:27 EDT 2006

It's time again for another BarCamp "unconference" in NYC.

What is BarCamp?
BarCamp is an ad-hoc gathering born from the desire for people to
share and learn in an open environment. It is an intense event with
discussions, demos, and interaction from attendees.

About last year's BarCamp (self-promotion not intended - I swear!)
http://www.boxesandarrows.com/view/an_open_source_conference_barcamp

About this year's BarCamp (one of many many people blogging it)...
http://nonecknoel.com/events/BarCampNYC_v2

[excerpt from Noel's blog...]
After two months of toil and heartbreak, I am happy to announce that
we have rescheduled BarCamp NYC v2.0 for 30 September - 1 October
2006. With a bit of irony, we will be hosted by Microsoft in their
posh midtown office! I can't wait to see the cross pollination between
the FOSS Community, Microsoft engineers, and the random acquaintance.
BarCamp NYC promises to be a very interesting weekend!

The BarCamp NYC Planning team chose this weekend to coincide with
Wired NextFest at the Javits Center (wikipedia link). Though I am now
saddened to discover that BarCamp falls on Yom Kippur. UGH!

Sign up to attend at the BarCamp NYC v2.0 Wiki. http://barcamp.org/
BarCampNYC2