[Sigia-l] Ajax vs. $$$

Gino Zahnd gino at zahndindustries.com
Tue Aug 29 13:08:15 EDT 2006

I have seen several methods of dealing with this, usually based on the
number of clicks during a session; every X clicks, serve a new ad. One
example, I believe, is the Yahoo! Mail beta.

Another method is to use "fake" links, which make a request in the
background onClick, technically count as a page view, and don't change the
experience for the person using the product.

Business models are definitely changing, and these issues are
requiring ad-based businesses to innovate. While it isn't quite a science,
I think there are plenty of ways to address these issues to product
managers, or clients.

Gino
http://www.pushbuttonfor.org