[Sigia-l] Dui or PMS?

Eric Scheid eric.scheid at ironclad.net.au
Mon Aug 28 04:06:12 EDT 2006

On 28/8/06 4:50 PM, "Ziya Oz" <listera at earthlink.net> wrote:

> So how do you do it? Does size also matter to you?
>
> <http://www.designobserver.com/archives/017288.html>

I've misplaced the reference*, but there's some statistical rule of thumb as
to which proportion of books are regularly accessed, and which proportion
are better off stored in some archive facility. Storing the books in the
archive sorted by size, specifically book height, means you can make best
use of shelf space and store more shelves per cabinet. The location of any
given book would be recorded in some index system.

My glib definition of IA is "structuring information for purpose" :-)

Sometimes that purpose *isn't* findability, but something else.

e.

* oh, the irony