[Sigia-l] My card sorting book is underway!

Jared M. Spool jspool at uie.com
Wed Apr 26 07:56:06 EDT 2006

At 04:50 PM 4/25/2006, Listera wrote:
>Switzky, Andrew:
>
> > Perhaps card sorting can be adapted to be used as a low-fidelity
> > method for documenting a user's mental model for how a dynamic
> > application works.
>
>What's wrong with a prototype?

Prototypes are one tool.

Card sorting is another.

(Actually, there are different types of prototypes and different types of
card sorts, so they are each multiple tools.)

I have a potato masher in my kitchen utensil drawer:
http://www.all-creatures.org/recipes/images/u-potmash-02.jpg

I don't use it to cook every meal, but it's damn useful when making my
son's favorite butternut squash recipe.

Nobody is gonna make *you* use Card Sorts, Ziya. You can leave it in the
drawer for someone else to use. ;-)

Jared

510 Turnpike Street, Suite 102, North Andover, MA 01845
978 327-5561   jspool at uie.com  http://www.uie.com
Blog: http://www.uie.com/brainsparks