[Sigia-l] My card sorting book is underway!

Donna Maurer donna at maadmob.net
Thu Apr 20 17:08:53 EDT 2006

Hi guys

I’m very excited to let you know that, between now and the end of the year, I will be
writing a book on card sorting. Specifically, it will be about how to use card sorting in
information architecture and similar projects. I think it will fill an important gap – there
is some material about how to run a card sort, but little on how to actually use the
outputs.

My book will be one of the first published by Rosenfeld Media
(http://rosenfeldmedia.com), a new publishing house focused on producing short and
practical books on user experience design. RM will be applying UX methods to
determine what books to publish and how its books should be designed. RM will also
be incorporating users’ input as much as possible throughout the writing process,
primarily via a blog and dedicated site for each book. You can find mine here:

http://www.rosenfeldmedia.com/books/cardsorting/

and monitor it via an RSS feed:

http://feeds.rosenfeldmedia.com/cardsorting/

I’d love to hear from you about your experiences conducting card sorts and have set
up a survey to help collect this. It is short – 10 questions – and should take no more
than 10 minutes:

http://www.rosenfeldmedia.com/books/cardsorting/reader_input/take_a_survey/

I’m really looking forward to working on the book, and hope you’ll consider
participating by sharing your suggestions. Send comments and ideas via the site or to
me at cardsorting at maadmob.net

Donna

--
Donna Maurer