[Sigia-l] sub-groups in card sorts?

Donna Maurer donna at maadmob.net
Fri Sep 23 03:55:54 EDT 2005

That's interesting.

All of my card sorts involve some sort of sub grouping. I always tell participants
that they can look at their groups and make them into a broader group, or split them
into smaller groups. It is often the most interesting part, as the step of figuring out what
the broader topics are is usually the most difficult. It is a bit of a no-brainer to identify
what are effectively the basic-level groupings, an interesting challenge to identify
broader and narrower than basic.

So I don't really get where you are coming from ;)

But, as you probably know, I don't go much for the statistical analysis method,
and focus on the use-my-brain-to-identify-interesting-patterns method. In this method,
there is no such thing as bias, there are just interesting
things to learn!

Donna

PS - this message may come through twice. Webmail is doing strange things ;)

--
Donna Maurer
Maadmob Interaction Design

e: donna at maadmob.net