[Sigia-l] Job Posting: UE Lead - Cambridge, MA

Nadine Fiebrich nfiebrich at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 15:58:16 EDT 2005

My company is looking for one or two UE Leads. Feel free to send me an email
offline for more information at nfiebrich at gmail.com or go to
http://www.camsys.com/caree02.htm

Thanks,
Nadine

User Experience Leads (Software Application Designers)

We are seeking one or more user experience experts to lead small development
teams building web-based applications for the transportation sector.   If
you are articulate and decisive, passionate about designing clear, simple
user-centered software, and you enjoy working with very bright and dedicated
professionals in a stable and profitable environment, you should consider
this opportunity.

In this role you will ensure that our applications effectively meet the
needs, goals, and expectations of our clients and end-users; that they are
well-organized and thoughtfully designed with a consistent and cohesive
application structure and visual design; and that they follow accepted
principles of user interaction design and usability.
We are looking for enthusiastic, energetic candidates who will excel at
collaborating with all members of a project team -- business and technical
-- to satisfy our customers' business needs in the most effective way
possible.   This includes partnering with domain experts on product
requirements, with technical leads on technology and design choices, and
with project managers on administrative, schedule and budget issues.

You must have expertise and experience in requirements and persona/user
scenario development, low- and high-fidelity prototyping, site navigation
and application design, information architecture, user interface design,
usability testing, and other aspects of user-centered development.   You
should be enthusiastic about the use of iterative and incremental
development and agile software development practices.   You should be a
creative thinker, good at multitasking, h ave excellent communication,
interpersonal and presentation skills, and be able to successfully balance
business goals, user needs, and technology constraints.
Requirements: Master's degree with 2+ years relevant experience or a
Bachelor's degree with 4+ years.   We prefer candidates with formal training
in information or interaction design, graphic design, library science, HCI,
human factors or related fields.   Familiarity and experience in ASP.NET and
Java/J2EE development environments is a plus, as is experience with
enterprise-class applications, web services, and XML.