[Sigia-l] integrated catalogues?

Listera listera at rcn.com
Tue Oct 25 23:34:10 EDT 2005

Alexander Johannesen:

> yesterdays diapers

Do you see libraries, as we knew them, becoming what this is to movies?

<http://www.movingimage.us>

Is it possible for successive generations that rarely visit the physical
space to know and care about the library?

Is it possible for the digital, non-library world to hold sufficient
reservoir of our collective knowledge, present and past, to render libraries
largely irrelevant?

Is that desirable?

Why and how would libraries become hotbeds of innovation to revive their
fortunes?

----
Ziya

Best Practices,
For when you've run out of your own ideas and context.