[Sigia-l] is bad design a choice?

Alexander Rudloff arudloff at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 12:48:06 EDT 2005

I tend to judge a lot of the "big boy" sites by how well my mom is
able to navigate them.

This is a lady who stormed out of the room when I first tried to show
her how to use a mouse. E-bay, despite its many perceived misgivings,
scores wonderfully on the mom factor.

I can't say that for very many sites, even the ones you often see
praised (gMail comes to mind..)

Maybe the content is just that compelling, or maybe she finds it to be
'ghetto simple'. In either scenario, I could understand why eBay might
be hesitant to change.. My mom is their target demographic. "If it
ain't broke.."

Two Cents,

Alex