[Sigia-l] The Big Day Out

Louise Hewitt lhlists at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 05:25:32 EDT 2005

> Would there ever be a case (not as part of a game, but a commercial
> site) for doing this deliberately - making it hard for people to enter
> the site?
>
> Perhaps in terms in having a reward for those who "got through", or even
> a natural selection process :)
>
> Mike

My husband is a flash programmer and we used to argue about this stuff
endlessly. He worked on sites for EA Games and I worked for a
parent-facing Government agency.

Eventually, he convinced me that there was an argument for putting fun
over usability when your target audience is gamers: they probably
appreciate the challenge and give the co. kudos for building a *cool*
site.

That said, he eventually conceded that there was a point to making
things usable, no matter who your audience, when your primary goal was
to offer info about an upcoming product.

This site had me beat because I though the zippo was an eraser. I
think that says more about me than the design.

Lou.