[Sigia-l] The Big Day Out

Listera listera at rcn.com
Wed Oct 12 18:21:31 EDT 2005

Mike Brown:

> Would there ever be a case (not as part of a game, but a commercial
> site) for doing this deliberately - making it hard for people to enter
> the site?

Remember there was a time when it was cute to have links buried in the
source of the page only, so you had to figure out how to get at it to reach
the "forbidden" destination? I can't remember specifics now, but several
startups launched their site, beta software or some special section through
such ruse. Oh, the smell of dotcom in the morning! :-)

----
Ziya

Best Practices,
For when you've run out of your own ideas and context.