[Sigia-l] Does interface design matter?

Kevin Cheng jobs at ok-cancel.com
Mon Oct 10 16:58:23 EDT 2005

To answer ziya's question, yes, I'm a user of the beta. I'm a fan of
it and have in fact siphoned my other pop accts to Y!mail so that I
can use that interface as my webmail instead of the crappy dreamhost
webmail front end.

Would I like threading ala gmail? Yeah.
Do I think threading should be the ONLY way people can see their mail?
No.
Do I think just because I have a lot of disk space, I should need a
ridiculous amount of manipulation to delete a mail? No.

Gmail has a lot of elegance that I love and the threading is superior
for mailing lists in particular but sometimes it feels like it's force
feeding me.

As for it being OddPost, I wasn't a user but I'm aware of quite a few
changes. In particular, OddPost requires a new popup window which
removes browser chrome. Yahoo! Mail managed to avoid that, support the
back button, and has tabbed email windows. Personally, I would have
probably not used it if it was still a chromeless popup but maybe I'm
still feeling 2001 anti-popup anxiety.

Kevin Cheng (KC)
OK/Cancel: Interface Your Fears
kc at ok-cancel.com