[Sigia-l] What's your score?

Matthew Gessler matthew.gessler at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 12:53:45 EST 2005

Actually there was a dead give-away on each example...

In the status bar at the bottom of these emails there is a link
displayed. To determine if the email is a real, 99% of the time just
look for the company url immediately before the first "/".
In other words-
Real: auctions.ebay.com/
Fake: ebay.com.auctions/

Ebay actually has an informative guide to spoofing/phishing located here:
http://pages.ebay.com/education/spooftutorial/

Cheers,
Matt