[Sigia-l] The power of anonymity on forums

Andrew Boyd andrew at friendlymanual.com
Sun Nov 27 17:49:50 EST 2005

Listera wrote:

>Andrew Boyd:
>

>>"we have to have their email addresses at all costs!"
>>

>It's, of course, ridiculously easy to use a throw-away email address.

That and the presumption on the part of the marketer that the email
address will have innate value. Why did God send us Seth Godin if we
weren't going to listen to him? :)

Just to try and make my rant vaguely on-topic: I have nothing against
setting up sites for the express purpose of making money: I have done
this for myself and for clients. I believe that there are some basic
design .'. business and business .'. design decisions that should be
made beyond "let's put this content up and make money out of it" or
"let's start a community for breeders of dwarf rabbits and make money
out of it".

Cheers, Andrew

Andrew Boyd  andrew at friendlymanual.com
Web Development/ePublishing Solutions