[Sigia-l] Automated User Testing

Jared M. Spool jspool at uie.com
Wed Nov 16 09:56:49 EST 2005

At 12:15 PM 11/15/2005, tOM Trottier wrote:
>How could automated testing test time on page,
>success  rate/abandonment, paths, etc ? Surely
>these are only relevant to  human users.

I initially interpreted "automated testing tool" to be what you seem to be
thinking: a tool that simulates users.

As I read the thread, I'm thinking the original poster was actually asking
about "automated test data collection" tools, like those offered by Keynote
(formerly Vividence and NetRaker). These have real users. It's the data
that's collected.

Or maybe I'm wrong.

Jared

4 Lookout Lane, Unit 4d, Middleton, MA 01949
978 777-9123   jspool at uie.com  http://www.uie.com
Blog: http://www.uie.com/brainsparks