[Sigia-l] Automated User Testing

Listera listera at rcn.com
Tue Nov 15 22:15:26 EST 2005

tOM Trottier:

> Look at it. Google Analytics just analyzes log files...

You mean like this:

Funnel Visualization

It happens all the time. Visitors are excited about what you're offering,
race through the first few steps in the conversion process, and then
abruptly exit your site. It's baffling, but it doesn't have to be. The
Google Analytics Funnel Visualization feature shows you the bottlenecks in
your conversion and checkout processes - attributable to such factors as
confusing content or maze-like navigation - so you can eliminate or work
around them, and start funneling visitors through the steps you want them to
take, all the way through to conversion.

<http://www.google.com/analytics/feature_funnel.html>

> If no one visits your site, you will get no report.

Let me put it to you this way: if you have no users, getting reports are the
least of your problems.

----
Ziya

Best Practices,
For when you've run out of your own ideas and context.