[Sigia-l] Yay! Flame on! was "Who Really Turns Off JavaScript?"

Timothy Karsjens tim at karsjens.com
Tue Nov 8 10:18:45 EST 2005

Yes, I was offended.  However, I made the realization years ago that you cannot post to this list without getting flamed by certain people.  Therefore, I let it go, but I do ask when a moderator steps up and does something about someone that is out of control and only contributes conflict and vitriol to a normally constructive group.

In the greater scheme of things, I have to wonder whether or not I make my points as concisely as I should on this list.  Then, I have to wonder if there is anything that i can do to make my point make sense to certain individuals that are so, mired.

We are talking about new things that are out there in the industry, and my point about hitting 100% functionality still stands on even more solid ground because what we are talking about is *new* and *not* standard.  I do not care if I use a decade old technology, as long as the functionality works 100% of the time.  If I have a captive audience, where I can be assured that using something new will work 100% of the time, then I will use it.  My point in a nutshell is this; I am not comfortable delivering a product that does not work 100% of the time.  Other people seem to be comfortable with not doing that, but I am not.

I am comfortable with where *I* am in the industry.  I have never had an unhappy client, period.  I have always delivered 100% usable functionality, period.  The vast majority of my projects have also been delivered under budget and ahead of schedule.  Like I said, if I have to be old hat to hit 100% functionality, then I will.  If I need to be cutting edge to do what works, then I will.

It is all about doing what works.

--timothy karsjens