[Sigia-l] "Who Really Turns Off JavaScript?"

Listera listera at rcn.com
Mon Nov 7 23:12:39 EST 2005

T. Karsjens:

> IE has lost a lot of ground.  If you are doing anything in JavaScript today,
> you are referencing document object models, which are not the same across
> browsers, hence the 15%.

I'm appalled at the sheer absurdity of this "logic". I'm beginning to wonder
about your comprehension of how JavaScript is used in modern web apps,
especially those using Ajax.

> Using JavaScript for front end validation duplicates the back-end
> validation.  Why duplicate?

I HAVE NO IDEA. Stop putting up straw man arguments. I have said absolutely
NOTHING about validation. Nada. Zip. If you think JavaScript is the same as
form validation, you're in sad shape.

> It is not a straw man argument.  The browser industry is becoming more and
> more segmented.

This has not much to do with this current thread but, actually, the reality
is that browsers have never been more "compatible," without which the latest
explosion of Ajax apps would not have happened.

----
Ziya

Best Practices,
For when you've run out of your own ideas and context.