[Sigia-l] merits of bullets (was Smackdown: Edward Tufte vs. Don Norman)

Listera listera at rcn.com
Tue May 31 19:00:47 EDT 2005

Doug Murray:

> However, I think it is a stretch to say that if I have bullets I necessarily
> have gone through the mental effort of distillation.

And it's quite easy to find out if you did...in just a few bullets. :-)

As I keep saying, it's for the CEO to determine if you did a good job of
distilling, but one thing is for sure, by selecting a format that demands
it, you have already made an unavoidable declaration in that direction. It's
easier to obfuscate matters, lose the message, display lack of forethought,
etc in a 100-page report than in a few bullets: there's nowhere to hide!

Ziya
Nullius in Verba