[Sigia-l] merits of bullets (was Smackdown: Edward Tufte vs. DonNorman)

Terence Nelan TNelan at modemmedia.com
Tue May 31 17:07:05 EDT 2005

Forgive me for respectfully disagreeing with all of you.

My own line of reasoning goes like this:

A lazy, unskilled person will write a lousy 300-page report.

A lazy, unskilled person will write lousy bullets.

The problem isn't powerpoint, paper, or the long-form expository format.

The problem is that people often aren't willing to spend the time to
express themselves carefully and accurately, or to acquire the skills
and discipline that allow them to do so.