[Sigia-l] Smackdown: Edward Tufte vs. Don Norman

James Aylett james.aylett at tangozebra.com
Fri May 27 11:08:20 EDT 2005

sigia-l-bounces at asis.org wrote:

>> (Presumably with branching you could then drop
>> in specific charts and so forth.)
>
> Interesting. On the Mac version of PowerPoint there's a Presenter
> view which allows you see (and not the audience) all your slides (fairly
decent
> size) and you can arbitrarily jump to any one of them. You can also see
> your own notes per slide without showing them to the audience.

Yeah, there's a view on Windows (I think) where the presenter gets the
"index", but the projector just gets the current slide. That's really
helpful in big formal presenting situations, but unfortunately a lot of
people need to run Powerpoint straight off a laptop, which looks messy.
(Which isn't to say people don't do it, but it breaks the flow of the
presentation a little.)

James

--
James Aylett
  Chief Technical Architect, Tangozebra

This e-mail message, including any attachments, is intended only for
the person or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain
confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, any
review, retransmission, disclosure, copying, modification or other use
of this e-mail message or attachments is strictly forbidden.

Copyright Tangozebra 2005. All Rights Reserved.

http://www.star.net.uk