[Sigia-l] Size of our community

Eric Reiss elr at e-reiss.com
Sat May 21 02:52:19 EDT 2005

For what it's worth, I seem to recall that Dick Hill told me this
list now had about 2500 subscribers.

The IA Institute is rapidly approaching 700 members, and our recent
salary survey has received 460 responses - about three times the
number we received in 2003.

Then there are all the other organizations - UxDG, CM Pros, STC, UPA,
etc. Since a lot of us belong to several groups, however, the total
size of our community is difficult to judge.

But there's no question that it's growing and it certainly numbers in
the thousands. Just remember that the first edition of the Polar Bear
book sold close to 100,000 copies.

All my best,
Eric

-----------------------
eric reiss
principal
e-reiss aps
copenhagen, denmark
http://www.e-reiss.com
office: (+45) 39 29 67 77
mobile: (+45) 20 12 88 44

e-reiss is an official sponsor of the
Usability Professionals' Association
http://www.upassoc.org

and/or privileged material. If you received this in error,
please let us know and delete the material from any computer.