[Sigia-l] Meaning of "unified development methodologies"

eryk "eof" or ł owski eofek at hotmail.com
Sat May 14 14:04:30 EDT 2005

On 14-05-05 19:19, "Listera" <listera at rcn.com> wrote:

> You do not need UML to depict business modeling.
> You do not need UML to depict business procedures.
> A 'simple flowchart' is not UML.

All of these are not arguments against UML. "You don't need" doesn't mean it
is of no use.

> NON-PROGRAMMERS don't need to be and should never be exposed to UML, period.

In case You forgot, UML is not a programming standard and it wasn't intended
to be reserved for programmers. Once again, intention of modeling is to
create a common understanding of a problem. If UML diagrams help to depict
anything, I do not see the problem. Please take into the consideration, that
Your statement is only true if You assume UML cannot be understood by non
programmers.

eof