[Sigia-l] Meaning of "unified development methodologies"

Nancy Broden nancy.broden at gmail.com
Thu May 12 13:11:53 EDT 2005

My use of UML is similar to Lisa's. I write business use cases and
create related diagrams on projects that warrant this level of detail.

In some organizations there is a role distinct from the IA who would
be responsible for this (usually a technical architect or
functional/business analyst) but most agencies I have worked for
either do not have them or do not have enough of them.

I personally don't think of myself a developer/TA/BA 'disguised as an
IA' when I do this type of documentation -- it is simply another way
to describe the UI, in this case from the system's point of view, for
the benefit and understanding of those team members who will have to
build it.

On 5/12/05, Lisa Fitzgerald <lfitzgerald at theniceagency.com> wrote:

> I work with TAs who do the use case diagrams and context diagrams that
> capture *system* requirements.  An IA would only be doing that if, in
> reality, they were doing the job of both IA and TA.
>
> Re front-end I do activity diagrams and sequence diagrams and then attach
> those to wireframes/storyboards of the user interface. In my experience, TAs
> and IAs work _together_ in the process -- it makes for interesting solutions
> that neither would have conceived of in isolation.

-- Nancy
nancy.broden at gmail.com